Sunday 2 September 2012

quotes for thought.

It's not really the nature of my blog to write about anything philosophical and if you knew me in real life, you would never think of me as a philosophical thinker or anything but sometimes, in my mind, I have this random moments when I all ever think of why this and why that. I'm a sucker for philosophical quotes, whether they're in books or films or just something you hear on the radio.

One of my all time favourite quotes is from The Vow, a really awesome film that is actually based on a true story and stars the beautiful, not to mention perfect, Channing Tatum! 




In the film, Leo (played by Channing Tatum) says, "Life's all about moments, of impact and how they changes our lives forever. But what if one day you could no longer remember any of them? The moment of impact. The moment of impact proves potential for change. Has ripples effects far beyond what we can predict. Sending some particles crashing together. Making them closer than before. While sending others spinning off into great ventures. Landing them where you've never thought you've found them. That's the thing about moments like these. You can't, no matter how hard you try, controlling how it's gonna affect you. You just gotta let the colliding part goes where they may. And wait. For the next collision"

I love that quote but I can never remember it off by heart so I always end up copying and pasting off the internet. However, yesterday, I stumbled across yet another quote, this time it was a comment on a video by TheHappyWallflower. The comment quoted a few sentences from a film called 'The History Boys' (which I now vow to watch): "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - that you'd thought special, particular to you. And here it is, set down by someone else, a person you've never met, maybe even someone long dead. And it's as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." 


That is probably the most accurate depiction of me right now. Last night, I was reading a book by John Green, my favourite author in the world. The book was called Will Grayson, Will Grayson. There was one sentence that really struck me because it is so true. It said "The things that you hope for the most are the things that destroy you in the end".




The thing I adore about John Green is that he manages to write down everything I have ever felt and write it in the most beautiful way. I think the best thing about that quote is that it just radiates truth. For example, in the legendary film, Mean Girls, all Cady wanted was to not be a loner so basically she wanted to be popular. In the end, it ruined her reputation, she lost her friends and well, she ended up to be not so popular.

For anyone who has actually read everything I just wrote, I salute you for having a long attention span and for hopefully not being bored by this. Maybe nobody will read this but I just needed to get this out of my brain.


Kayla x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...