Monday 10 September 2012

how to keep your hair healthy.

There are a lot of products out there labelled to keep your hair healthy but I've found only a handful of them actually help, so here are two that worked for me:



(Source: weheartit)

~ Coconut Oil - this is my ultimate holy grail haircare product. Always always always buy pure coconut oil from the food aisles and not the haircare aisles. This is because the haircare ones have chemicals added to it which generally, your hair could do without. The pure coconut oil comes in a solid so before you use it, heat it up in the microwave for 30 secs. I put it in my hair for 1 hour before I wash it out and tah dah! Beautiful healthy hair. Another alternative to coconut oil is amla oil mixed with mustard oil!

~ Yogurt and Mustard Oil - this is a great combination for people who have dandruff in their hair. This is actually an ancient family recipe and it has been keeping hair dandruff free for years. You put some greek style or natural set yogurt in a bowl and mix with about 2 tablespoons of mustard oil. Then mix it together, put it on your hair and tie your hair up in a bun or it will ruin your clothes! You might want to put a shower cap over your hair or it may go all over your furniture. I usually do this about once a month and keep it in my hair for around an hour and wash it out as usual.

Do you have any haircare secrets?

Kayla x


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...