Sunday 25 November 2012

braces advice and tips.

I've had braces for about 7 or 8 months and I have definitely learnt a lot. So this is a post to help you if you have braces or are going to get them or if you would just like to learn a little more!

source

I'd like to start of by saying that braces actually don't hurt, well not for me anyways. When I first got them, they ached because it felt weird that there were pieces of metal stuck to my teeth. I get it tightened every 6 to 8 weeks and again, they ache for a couple of days but don't really hurt.

~ brush daily - brushing at least twice a day is super important, especially if you have braces. I use the Boots Orthodontic Toothpaste but I don't really know if it's working but hey! I also think that electric toothbrushes work better than normal ones when you have braces. I'm not sure the specific model of my toothbrush but I know its from Oral B, helpful, I know. ;)

~ mouthwash - use a mouthwash daily too, especially at night to keep bacteria at bay. I use it at morning and night just because I like a super fresh mouth. I use the Boots Orthodontic Mouthwash but the Corsodyl mouthwash is great if you have ulcers and cuts due to your braces.

~ interdental brushes - interdental brushes from TePe are great to use to brush behind the wires as sometimes its a bit harder with all the wires in the way. They come in different colours according to their size and I would say the green one is the perfect size.

~ orthodontic wax - wax is great to use in your mouth, especially if you have recently got braces and they're aching/cutting your mouth.

The Boots Orthodontic range is absolutely amazing if you have braces. I hope you liked this and found it useful! If you would like me to do another post giving more advice on braces, just comment below.

Kayla x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...