Tuesday 30 October 2012

how to grow luscious long and healthy hair.

First of all, I would like to say I haven't got a magic potion to give you hair as long as Rapunzel's overnight. These are just some tips to help keep your hair healthy as well as helping it grow in the long term :)

source

1. Your hair is what you eat - eating junk food and food with little/no nutrition will make your hair very unhealthy. Make sure you eat the right food and have a healthy diet. I recently did a post on the '10 Commandments for being healthy', you can read it here.

2. Oils - coconut oil, mustard oil and olive oil are great for your hair. Any oil will do and you just put it in your hair an hour (or more) before you wash your hair. I also did a post on how to keep your hair healthy and how I use oils in my hair. You can read the post here.

3. Easy on the washing - don't wash your hair everyday as it was get rid of your hair's natural oils, causing your hair to be dry. I wash my hair around 2-3 times a week. 

4. No heat = healthy hair - try to reduce the amount of heat you put onto your hair as overheating you hair can cause it to stunt its growth, so it will take longer to grow. If you do use heat, always use a heat protectant. 

5. Trim regularly - trim the ends of your hair every 4 weeks (each month) as it was reduce split ends and hair breakage. I always trim my own hair as I don't trust hairdressers because they always seem to cut off too much!

6. Less is more - try to use as little products on your hair as possible. More products will lead to product build up, causing you to wash it more often.

7. Be realistic - don't expect your hair to suddenly become long. This process will take years at a time so you have to be dedicated.

I hope you found this useful, just remember that you need to care for your hair!
Kayla x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...