Friday 22 February 2013

current haircare routine: updated.

My last haircare routine was back in September last year (here is the post) and I thought it was time to update it. My hair is still quite curly but if you compare the picture in the previous haircare routine post and this picture below, it has become less curlier. This is mainly because my hair has grown quite a lot so the total weight of it has caused the curls to become more wavy rather than ringlets. 

I wash my hair every 3/4 days still and only ever do rough blowdrying to hair and properly blowdry my fringe. My hair is mid-length to me (just in the middle of my shoulder and elbow) but I'm sure if I straightened it, which I hardly ever do, that it will be much longer.


Shampoo:
Naked Clear Anti-Dandruff Shampoo - I have no idea why I'm suddenly getting a flaky scalp but I'm sure it's a mix between my bad food choices lately and the sudden change in temperature here in England. So this shampoo is kinda good at getting rid of it but I find it doesn't clear it up completely.
Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo - I just bought this a couple of days ago but I haven't tried it out. I've tried the Dove Damage Repair shampoo and it made my hair feel incredible so I'm sure this will be just as good.

Conditioner:
Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner - I have the super big salon sized bottle so I still have it and I know it was in my last haircare routine. I'm desperately trying to finish it. I find it is no longer that moisturising and it would be better for fine hair as it doesn't weigh down my hair. However, I do have thick hair and I find it doesn't work too well.

Extras/treatments:
Boots Coconut and Almond Leave-in Conditioner - this doesn't really make a difference to my hair but again, I'm still trying to finish it and I don't like to be wasteful. I think it is better as a detangler than a leave-in conditioner as it isn't hydrating or conditioning.
Charles Worthington Frizz Free Serum - a serum is vital for me, especially for my fringe. I use a small pump for my fringe and about 2/3 pumps for the bottom half of my hair. It's great for when you're blowdrying your hair as it minimises frizz.

This is actually really similar to my last haircare routine and I've only really changed a few items. 
Kayla x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...